20 Years of SASMA
As we close out 2022, we have a lot to reflect on.
We have been proud to celebrate our 20th anniversary this year. In October we celebrated with our team, family, and friends at our headquarters. We toasted the past and towards the next milestone anniversary.
SASMA'S YEAR IN REVIEW
RAW MATERIALS & NATURAL GAS
We were impacted by major hurdles that the world faced from the war in Ukraine. Our business was directly impacted by the volatility in commodity pricing; wheat, corn, and sugar in particular. Natural gas pricing also directly impacted our suppliers and distilleries.
Our sales and logistics teams are constantly working on finding our clients the best solutions.
We started a new area of business this year, focusing on aged spirits. We have been focusing more on aging our own barrels of whisky. We buy “fresh” whisky and barrel-age Canadian whisky in Canada and Scottish whisky in Scotland.
Additionally, we are expanding our Cognac products. We have access to very old cognac and have been selling 60-year-old cognac in IBCs.
We are seeing an increased demand for all ages of whisky as whisky is becoming scarce. We are now pleased to share that we offer Single Malt whisky from Europe.
Every year we make a charitable donation to organizations that feel close and relevant to our business. This year we partnered with the Prinses Máxima Centrum foundation for research for pediatric oncology. In addition, we donated to Doctors without Borders and we transported humanitarian aid to help with the crisis in Ukraine.
- We welcomed new team members, new clients, and new suppliers this year
- In June, along with our architects Houweling Architecten, were awarded the 2022 Gemma Smid Publieksprijs for our headquarters. This prize is awarded once every two years along with the Architecture prize for new buildings in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
- We started Project Zero Emissions in which we are sourcing and offering products with a lower carbon footprint. We will be launching our first products in early 2023
What's Coming Next Year
- We will be attending trade fairs, stay tuned for more information
- More travel – our team will be visiting more clients, suppliers, and prospects. In addition, we welcome visitors to our offices in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
- Research & Development – our team continues to work on new and innovative products
- Continue to expand our aged spirits business