High-end agave Spirit
High-end agave spirits are poised to dominate the global market as they continue to experience a surge in popularity. Tequila exports, in particular, are growing at a faster pace worldwide. With that in mind, more brands are experimenting with agave’s distinct taste and flavor profile to expand their portfolio.
Sasma is the ideal partner if you are searching for a reliable supplier of agave-based spirits. Our supply is ready to bottle and ship, from 1000 litre IBC to 25,000 litre ISO tanks upon request.
The Rise of Tequila
Tequila has gained a massive following over the last two decades. Agave-based tequila and mezcal sales have surged, making them the second-biggest spirits category globally.
Despite this impressive growth, the tequila market faces challenges from climate change to increasing demands for premium, quality spirits. These challenges have raised concerns among agave growers and producers, who fear that the supply may not be able to keep, potentially leading to shortages of tequila. To address this issue, more brands are experimenting with agave spirits.
What Are Agave Spirits?
Agave spirits can be classified by the species of plant from which they are distilled. Each country has its native agave species and distillation methods, resulting in spirits with distinctive flavor profiles and tastes.
An agave spirit is a distillate that is produced by mashing, fermenting, and distilling agaves. With hundreds of agave species available, the spirit can be created from nearly any region worldwide. In recent years, we’ve seen an increase in agave blends and 100% agave spirit brands.
Tequila, mezcal, sotol, and raicilla are varieties that fall under “agave.”
- Tequila: is a spirit made from the blue agave plant, which grows in hot and arid regions of Mexico. There are two primary categories of tequila: 100% blue agave tequila and tequila mixto. The former is made entirely from blue agave, while the latter must contain a minimum of 51% agave.
- Mezcal: is a type of spirit that encompasses a broader range of agave plants than tequila. While both spirits are agave-based, mezcal can be made from various types of agave such as tepeztate, tobalá, tobaziche, arroqueño and espadín.
- Sotol: is made from the Desert Spoon plant, similar to agave but not in the same family.
- Raicilla: is a type of mezcal produced using a different agave species and distillation process.
- Bacanora: is a regional spirit made using a specific agave species called Pacifica.
Explore agave At Sasma
As one of the world’s largest independently owned suppliers of bulk premium alcohol, organic alcohol, and bulk spirits, we’re proud to source and distribute globally. Sasma has an extensive network of premium alcohol distilleries worldwide.
Ensure your spirits have the same taste and quality with each batch when you order in bulk. We supply bulk Agave Spirits in 25,000 litre ISO tanks and 1000 litre IBC’s. Get in touch today to learn more about our product offerings.