Download product specifications

Organic Grape Alcohol

What is organic grape alcohol?

Organic Grape alcohol 96% is a product of the wine industry’s organic waste material. Nonetheless, being a by-product does not diminish the many uses for organic grape alcohol.

Why use organic grape alcohol in your distillation process?

Organic grape alcohol is a versatile input for many different grape-based spirits. We are able to provide organic grape alcohol for our customers thanks to our extensive network. Our 96% organic grape alcohol is GMO-free. Our organic grape alcohol is extra neutral, meaning it has a neutral taste and smell. This alcohol is used to make fortified wines, such as sherry which is produced in Spain. Organic grape alcohol is also a key ingredient for making the famously Italian grape-based pomace brandy organic grappa. Taking advantage of another industry’s by-product is also a step towards the alcohol industry becoming less wasteful, a welcome fact for conscious consumers. Interested in adding some grape alcohol to your distillation process? Feel free to review our packaging options to see which quantities are right for you.

Applications and Use

Organic Grape Alcohol is frequently used as a Raw Material Alcohol in the production of Gin, Grappa, Vodka, flavor production. In addition to its role in the production of spirits, Organic Grape Alcohol also lends itself to the food industry and cosmetic industry, as it can serve as an organic preservative.
What is extra neutral organic grape alcohol?

Extra neutral organic grape alcohol is a type of grape-based alcohol that has been distilled to a high level of purity resulting in a neutral taste and aroma. This means that the alcohol has been distilled multiple times to remove as much of the flavor and aroma from the grape as possible. This leaves a very pure and neutral alcohol that is ideal for use in the production of spirits like gin, vodka and grappa. The extra neutral classification means that the alcohol is at least 96% pure with the remaining 4% consisting of water and other trace elements. This purity allows the natural flavors of the botanicals and other ingredients used in the production of spirits to shine through without being overpowered by the taste or smell of the alcohol itself.

How is organic grape alcohol used in the production of fortified wines like sherry?

Organic grape alcohol is added to wine during or after fermentation to increase its alcohol content, stabilize it and prevent spoilage. This process is known as fortification and is commonly used in the production of fortified wines like sherry. The fortified wine is then aged in oak barrels for a period of time developing complex flavors and aromas. Overall, organic grape alcohol is an important ingredient in the production of fortified wines contributing to their unique flavor profiles and improving their stability and shelf-life.

Additional information
HOW ITS MADE During the production process, sugarcane juice is collected fermented, and distilled to produce the final product of Neutral Sugarcane Alcohol. STEP ONE Crushing of Grapes The first step in the production Organic Grape Alcohol is to collect the grapes and gently crush them. Grapes are full of natural sugars and have wild yeasts that live on the surface of their skin. Once all the skin on the grapes has been broken, the sugary juice of the grapes will be exposed to yeast. This will begin the fermentation process. STEP TWO Fermentation As the natural sugars of the grapes react to the yeast living on the crushed skin of the grapes, the alcohol will ferment naturally. The wild yeasts that are on an organic grape will ultimately contribute something to the finished grape alcohol. Additionally, the level of alcohol in the finished wine is determined by the level of natural sugars that are from the grapes. Thus, more natural sugars will result in more alcohol and less natural sugars will result in less alcohol content. This means that an Organic Grape Alcohol is fermented solely using the sugars from the grapes. Applications and use
  • Organic Gin distillation
  • Organic Grappa
  • Organic vodka production
  • Organic flavour production
  • Organic Preservative
  Certificates ISO 9001, ISO 22000, Lloyd’s Register Available upon request Gluten Free, Non GMO, Kosher


Sasma's dedication to efficiency and effectiveness

working with Sasma since 2015

European Distillery

Sasma's dedication to efficiency and effectiveness

Client in Asia

working with sasma since 2014

Sasma's sales agent speaks our language!

Liquor company in South America

working with sasma since 2016

How can we help?

General Sales Inquiries: 
[email protected]

Office Phone: 
+31 79 204 0824

Submit your info and we will get back to you

Make an inquiry